Mondays are like thin, scrawny bespectacled kids everybody couldn’t help picking on.
They are such easy targets. For those who couldn’t keep their hands to themselves, they got physical. Some didn’t want their hands dirty so they got their five year old baby brother to do the job. For the non physical, names were thought of.
Scrawny kids definitely didn’t want to be that way. If they had the choice, they would want to be as big as you so that they can’t beat themselves up.
MONDAYS are innocent! Unfortunately, they are like an irresistible pie that you just couldn’t help getting a slice of.
Nicknamed, “Monday Blues”. Every other day has a cooler name, but not Mondays:
1) Tuesday – “The day after THAT day” Tuesdays
2) Wednesday – “We made it halfway” Wednesdays
3) Thursday – “One more day to Friday” Thursdays
4) Friday – “Thank God it’s Friday”
5) Saturday & Sunday – “Weekends”
Here’s are some evidence that Mondays are always picked on:
1) Monday killed Sunday
2) School starts. Even got a facebook page for it
3) It’s where the crap starts all over again.
4) By lunch time, you will hear, “Tuesday! Where art thou?”
5) If you googled “Monday blues”, the first result tells you what “Monday blues” is, the second shows you images of it and the rest tells you how to beat them. Violent? You tell me.
It seems like there is a reason to celebrate any other day but not Mondays. If you fell sick, fell down, got crap from your boss, got crap from your clients, got crap from your employees, got crap from your parents, got crap from your teacher. It’s all Mondays fault.
t’s a matter of choice.
Party like a rockstar on Fridays, enjoy your weekend but prepare for Mondays. Think about it, the only reason why work piles up on Mondays is because there are weekends. Take Mondays as a challenge, start it on a high and it will escalate from there, your weekends will then feel more rewarding.
Enjoy your Mondays peeps!